Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Snowflakes for a snowy day...SUO Challenge #61

Today I decided that I wanted to do a blog challenge and I found the SUO Challenge and thought I would try this one. The challenge was to use any blue we wanted and I was thinking a warm winter card since today we are getting alot of snow here in Ohio. So I combined the snowflake die and the coffee cup from the Scentsation Seasons stamp set to create the warm part of my card. This seemed like a perfect card for this cold, cold day!!
I embossed the mug using my ink pad and clear embossing powder. I popped that onto 2 snowflakes made in baja breeze and indigo island. The designer paper is from the paper pack in the Holiday mini. I placed rhinestones on each of the snowflakes and in the middle of the coffee cup. Here are a couple of close ups of the details of this card.

I hope you have enjoyed todays creation and it inspires you to stop on over to the SUO Challenge and show them what you have come up with. I had alot of fun doing this card. I would love to know what you think about it. Please leave your comments. 

Have a blessed day!!  ~ Heidi

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Heidi, this is spectacular! I love the way you combined the DSP and, of course, those blues go together perfectly (thank you SU)! Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges.

Deb Hoekstra said...

1144Really cute card. Love all the texture and variety of blues. Thanks for sharing your card with SUO Challenges.

Heidi Baks said...

Love the blue snowflakes, and nothing better than a hot drink! Thanks for joining SUO Challenges.